For all media requests and enquiries, please contact Bella McCafferty, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our high-resolution images may be used in any media communications but should be credited as indicated in each filename. Click HERE to access.
WHAT IS PUMPHOUSE POINT?
Pumphouse Point is a historic industrial site, restored to offer boutique accommodation inside Tasmania’s Wilderness World Heritage Area. It does not aspire to offer luxury, exclusive only by way of its size, location and unique Tasmanian experience.
The property is set against some of the most dramatic natural landscape on the planet, but the setting is really only the very beginning. Instead, the opportunity to reflect, rejuvenate, explore, adventure, and interact is what makes the Pumphouse experience so special – a unique personal encounter for all who come to stay.
The Pumphouse Point site has been developed by SIMON CURRANT, the realisation of his 18-year vision for the property. The site was leased to two developers prior to Mr Currant, but both failed to commence work within the timeframes set out in the lease terms. Mr Currant has worked hard to obtain all required approvals and support in finally bringing this incredible site back to life. After In October 2022, Pumphouse Point joined the incredible portfolio of iconic Tasmanian properties operated by NRMA Expeditions.
The design, developed by architecture firm CUMULUS STUDIO, is driven by the industrial heritage of the buildings. With very few changes made to the exterior, the buildings still stand in all their weathered glory as they have for over 70 years. The interiors have been designed for simple excellence and comfort, again with no apology for the buildings’ origins as a pumphouse.
As a much-loved relic of Tasmania’s industrial heritage, there is a responsibility to maintain that heritage for future generations. There is also consideration of the environmental stewardship imparted by the lease of the site in keeping with World Heritage Area values of minimal impact and sustainability.
There are 19 rooms in total, 12 rooms out in the Pumphouse, 6 in the Shorehouse, and one exclusive Retreat on the water’s edge.
- 240m out on the lake
- Three floors, four rooms on each – twelve rooms in total
- Four Pumphouse Ground Floor rooms: from $750/night
- Four Pumphouse Middle Floor rooms: from $840/night
- Two Pumphouse Top Floor rooms (top level, larger size with split level design): from $860/night
- Two Pumphouse Top Floor – Bath rooms (top level, larger size with spacious bathroom and bathtub): from $920/night
- Lounges on first two levels, with bay windows facing lake and mountains
- Honesty bar on ground floor
- Lounge on mezzanine level can be transformed to a board room / conference facility
- Small library on a separate level between the middle and top floors
- Former sub-station on the water’s edge
- Two storeys, various levels – six rooms in total
- Two Shorehouse Standard rooms (no lake view): from $560/night
- One Shorehouse Waterview room (water facing, large window): from $685/night
- Two Shorehouse Waterview – Bath rooms (water facing, large windows and baths): from $725/night
- One Shorehouse Panorama room (water and forest facing, three large windows): from $795/night
- Entire bottom level dedicated to our dining room, large lounge and honesty bars.
Shorehouse Dining Room
- Adjoining the Shorehouse
- A contemporary building opened in November 2017
- Designed by Jaws Architects
- Breakfast and dinner are served here
- Contains an honesty bar, custom designed wine rack and Vintec Fridge holding the finest treasures from our cellar.
- Built and Opened in November 2017
- Designed by Jaws Architects
- Hidden on the edge of the lake, hugged by native bush
- Designed with daring elements showcasing the lake’s natural beauty and unpredictability. Locally crafted furniture, ceramics, bath products and two deep tubs for soaking (one under the stars!)
- Inclusive of all food including our farmhouse fare dinners at shared tables in the Shorehouse dining room, an expanded larder brimming with the best local produce, wines and Tasmanian craft beers, ciders and spirits, as well as a few surprises…
- from $1900/night, all-inclusive
FOOD & BEVERAGE
The nightly rate is all-inclusive of breakfast, lunch and dinner. We’ve carefully designed a menu that’s integral to the Pumphouse Point experience; simple, wholesome, local, and that complements our surroundings.
Breakfast and set-menu dinners are communal-style, served daily in the shorehouse dining room, and an in-room larder is stocked with artisan cheeses, charcuterie, olives and snacks that are perfect for a picnic in the wilderness for lunches, or an indulgent platter by the fire. We deliver hot sourdough throughout the day to accompany these goodies.
On Saturday nights, a roaring fire is lit in our alfresco area in preparation for the Fire Feast. Local meats are seared over flames on two enormous outside Asado grills, with antipasti, chargrilled vegetables, puddings and indulgent extras. This is included for weekend guests.
Beverages are charged through a ledger system on consumption at our three honesty bars – open 24/7, but guests are their own bartenders.
Guests may explore the outdoors with walks, e-bikes, rowboats, fishing, wildlife viewing, scenic helicopter/plane flights and picnics. Although, relaxing on the couch with panoramic views of Tasmania’s Wilderness World Heritage Area may be all the perfect experience, without even venturing outdoors!
For media enquiries, please contact email@example.com