Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all accommodation and Experiences made available by NRMA Expeditions (hereafter ‘Pumphouse Point’) through the property Pumphouse Point.
By making a booking for accommodation or Experience, guests warrant they have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them subject to such changes as are notified to them.
If the booking for accommodation and/or Experience is made through a third party, the terms and conditions of that third party also apply.
All accommodation is subject to availability.
Pumphouse Point will endeavour to provide the accommodation but reserves the right to refuse requests for bookings or actual bookings.
Our set check-in and check-out days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
A two-night minimum stay applies for all reservations booked to check in Monday and Wednesday, and a three-night minimum stay applies for check-ins on a Friday as well as:
– Christmas/New Year period: 23rd Dec – 2nd Jan annually (or stays that fall within this window)
– Easter Holidays: Good Friday – Easter Monday annually
– Long weekends: recognised in Tasmania and nation-wide
Rates are per room, per night based on two-person occupancy. Maximum occupancy per room is two people.
Check in time is 2pm, and checkout time is 10am.
Pets are not allowed.
Children aged under 18 years are not permitted (including newborns and infants) and Pumphouse Point reserves the right and full discretion to not accept bookings for children within this age bracket.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
In the event of a normal booking amendment or cancellation more than 30 days prior to the stay date, guests are entitled to an amendment or refund of their booking deposit.
Guests will forfeit full payment of the booking deposit in the following instances:
- Bookings amended or cancelled after 5pm 30 days prior to the arrival date will result in forfeiting the full payment.
- Bookings amended or cancelled after 5pm 90 days prior to the arrival date for festive period stays that occur between 23rd December and 4th January inclusive, or part thereof, will result in forfeiting the full payment.
- In the event a guest does not arrive for their booking or amends or cancels on the date of their booking, full payment will be forfeited.
An amendment or cancellation confirmation email must be obtained. If an amendment or cancellation confirmation email is not received, the booking remains in effect.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance for your journey to Pumphouse Point, including domestic travel insurance with pandemic cover, to protect against any unforeseeable circumstances in the lead-up to your stay that might prevent you from getting to Pumphouse Point.
NATIONAL PARKS PASSES
The Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Service requires that visitors obtain a Parks Pass when visiting Tasmania’s National Parks. As Pumphouse Point is located inside the National Park, all guests must obtain a Parks Pass before their visit to Pumphouse Point.
If you are planning on staying in Tasmania for a while, we would recommend purchasing the Tasmanian Holiday Pass. This is valid for two months for one vehicle with up to 8 passengers, and covers entry to all Tasmanian national parks, including Lake St Clair. This type of parks pass can be purchased at Pumphouse Point upon your arrival, or you can visit Tasmania Parks and Wildlife to purchase the correct pass for your travels.
‘Experience’ includes any tours, transport services and activities made available through Pumphouse Point, whether by Pumphouse Point or by a third-party operator.
All Experiences are subject to availability, minimum participation requirements & prevailing weather conditions at the time of operation.
Pumphouse Point will endeavour to provide the Experience, or facilitate the third-party operator in providing the Experience, but reserves the right to refuse requests for bookings or actual bookings.
An Experience may be cancelled up to the time of departure if it is the opinion of the relevant third-party operator that the weather or any other conditions are such that it would be unsafe to conduct the Experience. A full refund of the value of the cancelled component of the Experience will be applicable in this event.
All accommodation and Experience bookings must be paid in full at the time of reservation by provision of credit card details.
A booking confirmation email must be obtained. If a booking confirmation email is not obtained, the booking is not confirmed.
It is the responsibility of guests to review the booking confirmation email and promptly advise Pumphouse Point if there are any errors or misunderstandings
By providing credit card details, guests warrant they have the authority to use the credit card and they authorise Pumphouse Point to charge the cost of their booking(s) to that credit card.
Where guests make bookings for Experiences during their stay, the Experience price will be charged to their room for full payment through the guaranteed credit card.
In the event Pumphouse Point or a third-party operator cancel an Experience booked by guests, all monies paid for that Experience booking will be refunded in full within 14 days of the date of cancellation.
The liability of Pumphouse Point arising from any cancellations of accommodation or Experiences by Pumphouse Point or a third-party operator is limited to the amount paid for the cancelled booking.
Where five or more rooms are booked, the booking will be treated as an Exclusive Use Booking and the organiser will be required to book all 19 rooms for a minimum of 2 or 3 nights (depending on check-in day) and be bound by the Exclusive Use Terms & Conditions.
All Exclusive Use requests must be made in writing directly to Pumphouse Point. Pumphouse Point reserves the right and full discretion to refuse Group Bookings & Exclusive Use requests altogether. Exclusive Use Terms & Conditions will be supplied individually.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Following a stocktake of the in-room beverages after guests checkout, Pumphouse Point reserves the right to charge any items not paid for by the guest at the time of checkout to the guaranteed credit card for that room.
Gift Vouchers are non-refundable and subject to availability. All gift vouchers expire 36 months from the date of issue. Gift Vouchers are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
SNOW & BUSHFIRE POLICY
The location of Pumphouse Point is occasionally subject to heavy snow and surrounding areas can be prone to bushfires. On such occasions, these events can prevent guests from reaching or leaving Pumphouse Point because it would be unsafe to do so. Due to this, we recommend that all guests purchase appropriate travel insurance when visiting Pumphouse Point. By making a booking at Pumphouse Point you agree to the terms and conditions set out in the Pumphouse Point Snow & Bushfire Policy.
PUMPHOUSE POINT SNOW & BUSHFIRE POLICY.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the safety of all guests at Pumphouse Point.
- If access to Pumphouse Point is officially cut off (as determined by Tasmania Police) and is still cut off at 12pm on the day you are due to arrive; your booking will be cancelled and you will receive a gift voucher for the full value of your cancelled booking.
- If there is a snow or bushfire event, but access is not officially cut off by Tasmania Police at 12pm on the day of your arrival, you may proceed at your own risk and your booking will not be cancelled. No refund will be given if you choose to cancel your booking.
- Where a road is officially cut off (as determined by Tasmania Police) but a reasonable alternative route is available; you may proceed at your own risk and your booking will not be cancelled. No refund will be given if you choose to cancel your booking.
- If access is cut off (as determined by Tasmania Police) and you are prevented from leaving Pumphouse Point, you must pay for any additional accommodation at Pumphouse Point resulting from your prevented departure.
Your safety is very important to us. Any changes to bookings or access routes resulting from a snow event will be communicated to all guests with sufficient notice by the Pumphouse Point team via phone as a preference or any means practical after that.
Official Updates about Road Closures can be found on the Tasmania Police Website